- Wedges – Put towels out at three different distances for your lob wedge. Hit shots to the towels varying the target and the trajectory until you hit each towel. Now do the same with your sand wedge and gap wedge. You may move the towels to your distances. Figure out how long your swing is and what your ball position is for each distance and trajectory.
- Short Irons – Hit your PW, 9, 8 and 7 irons at targets that you have lasered. You may put the nets out, lay towels down or use the greens on the range, but you must be able to see the ball land. Hit ten shots with each club. Rate each shot on a scale of 1-10 for distance and direction. A perfect score for each club is 100. When you hit ten shots and get at least 70 with the club, move to another club. This is your rating system
- Hit the long irons and fairway woods in your bag until you hit three in a row you are pleased with. Go through your routine, pick a definite target and hit the shot.
- Drivers – Pick a fairway on the range. Separate 14 balls from the pile and see if you can hit 14 fairways. You set the standard of the narrowness of your fairway. Go through your routine and pick a target within the fairway. How many fairways did you hit today?
- Putting – Today will be about progression drills and repetition.
i. Make 10 putts from 3 feet with your right hand only.
ii. Make 10 putts from 3 feet with your left hand only.
iii. Make 10 putts from 2 feet with no backswing (push drill)
iv. Put tees down at 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 feet. Make all five putts in a row. Begin closest to the hole. To make this more challenging, go back again (10 putts instead of 5).
v. Put 5 tees down around the hole at 12 feet for each tee. Go in a circle and putt from each tee. When you make the putt, move the tee back one putter length. When you have moved a tee twice, pick it up when you make the third putt. If you do this drill until you are finished, you will have made 15 putts from 12 to 18 feet.
vi. Putt to a hole from 20 feet until you make it. You can use as many balls as you need, but you are not allowed to move balls out of your way, so get them to the hole. Now do the same from 25 and 30 feet. Continue as long as you want to.
Congrats! You finished a tough day of practice.