SMU Women’s Golf
Monday – Team Workout at 3:30
Tuesday – 9 holes from front tees at DAC Gold. Most birdies wins the day. Eagles count 2! Today, also please accomplish the following:
1. 30 putt drill. Put a tee down at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Go up and back and up. How many did you make of 30? Do it until you get at least 25 of 30. Use your routine. Don’t start over.
2. With a teammate, play an up and down game. Take 3 clubs + your putter. Drop the ball, use your routine and pick tough shots. Play to 10. You get a point when you get an up and down and your opponent doesn’t. Routines, putt them all.
3. Hit the following from the bunker: 5 good shots from a good lie, 2 good shots from an uphill lie, 2 good shots from a downhill lie, 2 good shots with the ball above your feet, 2 good shots with the ball below your feet, 2 good shots from a fried egg lie, 2 good shots buried in an uphill lie and finish with 5 good shots from a good lie. You are the judge of whether or not it is a good shot. Vary your targets. Use your routine. SFT!
4. 3 Boxes – David will create 3 boxes on the green. The first will be made with tees 18” away from the hole. Hit 10 putts at the hole from 10 feet away. 8/10 need to be in the hole or in the box. When you accomplish this, move to the next box. The next box will be made with tees 30” away from the hole. Hit 10 putts from 20 feet away. 8/10 need to be in the hole or in the box. The 3rd box will be 42” away from the hole. Hit 10 putts from 30-40 feet. 8/10 need to be in the hole or in the box. Use your routine. Think high side to have the best chance of staying within the box.
Wednesday – Play day at Lakewood. Play 18 holes today! Two contests: Fewest putts & best Up & Down %.
Thursday – Team workout at 6:30 AM
Team Day –
1. Play the Cross Country game on the big green. Pick the longest putts you can and play match play against a teammate. Play 18 holes. Make 5 putts in a row from 5 feet for every 3 putt you make.
2. Play the Short Putt game on the big green. Pick the shortest putts you can and play match play against a teammate. Play 18 holes. Make 10 of 20 from 10 feet if you 3 putt.
3. On the short game area, play 18 holes against a teammate. Carry all of your wedges and a putter. Winner chooses shot. You can hit from any distance with any wedge. Match play. Use your routine. Drop the ball. Finish out. If you make more than a 3 on any attempt, you must do either 10 pushups or 20 sit ups.
4. On the driving range, set up your aiming sticks 3 paces in front of you 1 foot apart aimed at a target. Go through your routine and hit 2 shots through the sticks with every club in your bag. Focus on where the ball starts. If you want to take it further, shape the shots after they fly through the sticks. You can do this alone or with a partner.
5. Driver – Play to 10. Call the shot. Where it starts, how it is shaped, where it ends. Define a fairway on the range. Match play with the best shot winning.
Friday – OYO
Do what you need to do to prepare to play this week.
Good quote from the Masters:
Q. Did you have any trouble adjusting to the greens because of the moisture? Many players did; you didn't seem to.
ADAM SCOTT: I was saying that I kind of scared myself earlier today on the putting green, and went out there and left everything short on the front nine, considerably short, most putts. And just had no real feel for it. Obviously I knew they would be slowing up with a bit of moisture on them.
But by the back nine, I said, this is it; this is where you have to be a little bold and just stroke freely, because you're going to have to make putts to win this thing. That's just how you win tournaments.
Fortunately, managed to adjust well enough.
GREAT SELF TALK THAT LEAD TO ADJUSTMENT!