If you read today's practice schedule, you will see that I wasn't pleased with our short games this past weekend. We looked unprepared to play in high winds and it showed with a lot of bogies and doubles. That is far different than how we have been playing, so it's back to the basics. We will count down to the Number 1 before we leave for C-USA Championships. Today is schedule #10.
Do these in order. Do not move to the next one until you have accomplished the one you are on.
1. Make 10 in a row from 5 feet. Use your routine.
2. Put 5 tees down around the hole at 10 feet away. Make 10 of 20 from
10 feet. Use your routine. Focus on speed + break = middle of hole.
3. Put 5 tees down at 15, 20, 25, 30, and 35 feet. Putt with one ball
from each tee and move to new tees after the putt. Make 10 putts from any
position. Use your routine. Focus on speed + break = middle of the
4. Go to 40-60 feet and get 10 balls to end within 2 feet of the hole.
Use your routine. Focus on speed + break = middle of the hole.
5. Get 10 up and downs from the fringe of a green. Use only one ball.
Putt them out. Use your routine for all shots. Remember, whenever you
miss a green, 4 things can happen and 3 of them are good. You can make
an up and down with a great chip. You can
make an up and down with a great putt. You can chip in. You could not
make an up and down.
6. Get 10 up and downs from gullys short side using any of the
following clubs: Putter, hybrids, 7 irons and up. Get the ball
rolling. Putt it out. Use your routine. SEE IT prior to hitting it.
7. Get 10 balls within a wedge length of the hole from 50-100 yards. You choose your distance.
8. Get 10 balls within a wedge length of the hole from a greenside bunker.
9. Get 10 balls on a green at least 100 yards away from the fairway bunker.
10. Make 10 balls in a row from 5 feet. Choose a breaking putt that is
challenging. Use your routine. Focus on speed + break = middle of the
Let me know if you finish your schedule! Good luck and focus. If you aren't focused, step away and take a break.
Where do you place your awareness? This is a gigantic question, because there are so many things, thoughts, people and conditions to be awa...
Yesterday, we spent the day in the practice area at Trinity Forest Golf Club. That isn't unusual, but what we did all day was a bit unu...
I recently told my team that I greatly appreciated their coachability. Later in the day, one of my freshmen asked me what coachable means. ...
Are you a parent or a mentor of a junior golfer? If so, are you a proponent of the P words of positive, patience and process? If so, congr...