Thursday, October 3rd
SMU Women’s Golf
Get this done today!
1. Make 50 4 footers. Use your routine!!! No time limit. Put at least 10 tees around the hole so you don’t wear the green out.
2. Putt to the string from 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 feet. Get one ball within a putter head from each distance and then repeat from the beginning. Use your routine!!! No time limit.
3. Play 18 holes of match play with a teammate. Closest to the hole chipping and pitching contest. Winner chooses the shot. Drop the ball, use your routine. No time limit.
4. Put 3 towels on the green and hit 3 bunker shots – 1 to each towel. Don’t repeat the same shot twice. Land a ball on each towel. Use your routine!!! Now do the same from a fried egg lie, a downhill lie, an uphill lie, ball above your feet and ball below your feet. Get help if you need it. 5 minute limit for each type of shot. End with good lies, routines and great shots!
5. Put 5 piles of 10 balls at 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards. Hit each of the 10 using your routine, visualizing the shot’s trajectory, landing point and spin and roll. No time limit.
If you finish early, work on knock downs on the range. Challenge a teammate to closest to the pin contests on the range controlling trajectory and spin.
“Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals.” LL Cool J
Prior to travel, I like to write a schedule that focuses on repetition for confidence and focus. There is always a bit of competition in there plus a lot of pre shot routine. I want the players to get into their pre shot routine in order to choose targets, visualize and commit. Having a repetitive practice needs to include the things that are important to hitting good shots. We have had plenty of range time this week, along with play, so the team will spend today focused on short game and preparing to play in the wind. We leave tonight for Norman, OK and the Schooner Invitational at Belmar CC. It is a great field and we are excited to compete!